Here are 5 ways to upgrade your everyday jeans, from Glam Radar:
If there’s one thing you can count on to see in anyone’s closet, it’s jeans.
Jeans are perhaps one of, if not the most, versatile piece of clothing that anyone can have (and the most comfortable, too).
The only downside to them, though, is that they can look pretty basic and boring. If you’re one with an eye for spunk and style, though, you’ll love these creative ways to upgrade your everyday jeans so they stand out.
- 1. Distress Them – ripped and distressed jeans are all the rage right now and it’s a great styling technique to use if you’re looking for a way to upgrade your jeans and give them an edgier vibe. Distressing jeans is easy and it’s a great way to breathe new life into an old, possibly damaged, pair of jeans as well.
- 2. Iron Some Patches On Like Cara Delevingne and Micah Gianneli – iron-on patches are so adorable and they great thing about them is that you can stick them on anywhere for instant cutesy look that’s perfect for any casual or street style look. What’s more is that these are so easy and DIY-able, you’ll be done with the upgrade in ten minutes, tops.
- 3. Have Them Altered For The Perfect Fit – not everyone is made the same, so it’s normal to find a pair of jeans that’s perfect on all aspects but one. I’ve always been troubled by jeans that are just right on the waist but way too long for my height and if you have the same kind of problem, a great way to give your jeans an upgrade is to have them altered.
- 4. Add A Twist On The Hem – no one looks at the hem, but that’s only because there’s really nothing to see there so why not change that? Add a fun twist to your hem. It could be the smallest, subtlest detail, but people are definitely going to notice. Some ideas that come to mind for this jean upgrade are tassels, lace, or a bit of distressing.
- 5. Dye Them Dark Like Selena Gomez and Kendall Jenner – darker jeans have always had a much sexier vibe compared to regular blue jeans, but why blow cash on a brand new pair when you can always dye an old pair that needs a new look? Dyeing your jeans a darker color may seem like too much work, but it’s actually quite easy and totally worth it.
How do you give your jeans an upgrade when they start looking a little too plain for you? Let us know in the comments so we can try them out, too.