If you are like many brides, you can always use some tips and ideas for wearing fresh flowers in your hair for your wedding.
We recently featured stunning bridal hair accessories under $100. And you can show continuity, sophistication and style, whatever the length of your wedding hairstyle, by embellishing your hairstyle with one of the many types of beautiful hair accessories available today. Those include birdcage veils, lavish combs, dainty pins, crystal headbands as well as other beautiful bridal hair accessories including these gorgeous bridal hair accessories from Emma & Grace as well as these elegant and timeless wedding hair accessories.
Here are some tips and ideas for wearing fresh flowers in your hair for your wedding, from Bridal Musings:
And then we realised, you guys have a serious love for fresh blooms.
Whether you’re opting for an elegant English rose look, or a bohemian bride, laden down with wildflowers (or something in between) fresh flowers are incredibly versatile, and add such prettiness and uniqueness to a wedding day look.
Now wearing fresh flowers in your hair on your wedding day can be tricky, but once you follow a few simple tips, you’ll have the most heavenly one-of-a-kind tresses.
– If you want your fresh flowers to last into the evening, perhaps consider dryer varieties like baby’s breath, heather or lavender, and pair with foliage, herbs (rosemary is so trendy right now!) or succulents.
– Chat to your florist about resilient flower choices, along with which flowers have allergens in them (you don’t want to walk up the aisle sneezing, with a rash on the back of your neck!)
– Be careful not to use any setting products near your flowers – advise your hairstylist not to add the flowers until she’s let go of the hairspray can. Likewise, try not to get any perfume near the blooms.
– Fresh flowers can look great with your hair up, down or a little bit of both. Whether you create a crown or a slide, or dot some small flowers around your up do, remember to keep the rest of your look quite natural, so it doesn’t jar with your mane.
– Keep your flowers in water or the refrigerator until the last possible moment before adding them to your hair. And have your photographer take a few hair shots before the ceremony, when your blooms are looking the freshest.
– Finally, have lots of pictures. Because fresh flowers can look everything from wild and bohemian to rather vintage and elegant, you’ll need to give your florist, and hairstylist, lots of inspiration.
Take a look at these floral beauties below for ideas…
Photo by Elizabeth Messina Photography
Photo Source Unknown
Photo by Joanna Ballentine via Irrelephant
Photo via The Wedding Chicks
AND SOMETHING FOR THE GROOMS…
Okay, so we saw this one knocking around the internet, Swedish cider brand, Kopparberg usedelderflower beardies it in their ads, and Lover.ly recently shared some blooming beards with their readers too. But we never thought this was a trend we had to worry about.
But then, last week, I was at a festival, and saw a guy standing next to me, with a beard full, and I mean full, of daisies!
Is this the next big thing in male grooming? Let us know what you think.