It’s only natural and sensible for engaged couples to look for ways to save money on their wedding.given the high costs of weddings these days. So if you are the crafty type or just like trying your hand at do-it-yourself projects, then DIY wedding projects are a great way to cut down on those wedding expenses. Today we have a DIY tutorial for a test tube wedding chandelier that we think you will love.
We have featured many popular posts about DIY wedding projects, including DIY wedding centerpieces, our wedding decor DIY tutorial for giant fringe love letters, our DIY tutorial for a mini vase wedding place cards holder, our 5 top DIY wedding paper projects, and, most recently, 7 DIY’s That Will Make Your Wedding Magical – With Tips From The Queen of DIY Weddings and 37 things to DIY instead of buy for your wedding.
Wedding reception decor is one area of your wedding where DIY projects can make a big impact. As we have featured in a number of articles, wedding decor choices are an important element in your wedding planning. You can select wedding decor that reflects your styles and tastes, as we presented in 10 gorgeous wedding ceremony decor ideas. And you can choose from a number of creative wedding decor ideas to personalize your wedding decor such as hanging wedding decorations and a wedding table overhang, as well as other types of unique decor.
And while they may not seem like a practical target for a DIY project, your wedding chandeliers can actually be handmade and look very attractive while allowing you to express your individuality and not break the bank with your wedding decor as we demonstrated in our DIY tutorial for a wedding chandelier and fern overhang.
Here is the DIY tutorial for a test tube wedding chandelier, from oncewed:
It’s always so fun when Kelly Perry sends us awesome DIY projects, and this adorable DIY Test Tube Chandelier would be the perfect addition to any wedding. The great thing about this DIY is that you can take it home and display it after the wedding! Keep reading for the full step-by-step.
This DIY Test Tube Chandelier would be perfect for over a desert table, or even just in any undecorated nooks around your venue. After you try it out, let us know how you used it!
The full tutorial is below.
– 65 Test Tubes (25 for bottom, 40 for top)
– Gold Wire (heavier gauge is preferable)
– Wire Cutters
– Gold Spray Paint
– 12” and 18” Wreath Form
1. Spray paint wreath forms gold and put aside to dry
2. Cut gold wire as follows: Seventy 10” pieces, three 15” pieces and four 25” pieces
3. Take 10” piece of wire and wrap around test tube in an “X” shape, twisting the ends together to form a tight cage for the test tube to rest inside
4. Attach wire to wreath form in a “W” shape
5. Repeat with all test tubes
6. Using the 15” pieces, and with the help of a friend, attach the upper and lower forms together. Be mindful of wrapping and overlapping to create a sturdy tie
7. Attach the 25″ pieces to the largest piece and anchor on four corners, bringing each wire to center and twisting them around one another to form a cord of wire. Depending on where the piece will be hung, you may wrap the excess wire into the shape of a circle so it can be hung on a hook