Wasn’t the unveiling of Katniss’ mockingjay dress one of the most powerful scenes of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire movie?
If you love everything about Katniss Everdeen as much as we do, check put this step-by-step hair braiding tutorial for the hairstyle that she wore in that exact scene.
Even though Katniss Everdeen’s wedding updo might look a rather challenging hairstyle, with patience and a few braiding skills, you’ll be able to achieve this intricate, enviable hairdo in no time! All you need are a comb, clear rubber hair bands, several bobby pins and three optional white feathers for the complete bridal look.
Follow this tutorial and learn how to recreate this intricate braided hairstyle inspired by Katniss Everdeen’s wedding updo from the second Hunger Games movie, Catching Fire!
Katniss Everdeen Wedding Updo Tutorial
1. Start by brushing out all the knots in your hair and create a neat middle parting.
2. French braid the front sections on a diagonal and moving towards the back of the head and secure the ends. Try to make the two sides as similar as possible.
3. Divide the back into two sections with about twice as much hair at the crown. Pull the top section into a pony and secure with an elastic band.
4. Split the ponytail into two and braid again. Pull the braids a little loose to make them thicker.
5. Then wrap them around the base and secure with bobby pins creating a mini braided bun.
6. Move on to the bottom hair and divide into three equal sections. Braid them using the simple three strand braiding technique and secure ends.
7. Take two bottom braids and bring the left over the right one and then beneath it, creating a loose knot. Then secure braids with bobby pins to the sides tucking in the ends.
8. Go back to the two front French braids and pull them over the crown of your head and secure them into place.
9. Place two white feathers over the front braids and a third one down the middle for the complete Katniss Everdeen wedding updo.
Katniss Everdeen Wedding Updo Photos
Finished Katniss Everdeen’s Wedding Hairstyle
Hair by Laura Popovici for BecomeGorgeous.com