Here is a great DIY Tutorial for the knotted bun wedding hairstyle, from oncewed:
As you all know…I love easy hairstyles. It’s so nice being able to throw my hair up and go, and I know many of do too. It feels like I’m constantly running from meeting to meeting, so the bun has become a staple part of my wardrobe. If you’re like me at all, you want your hair and style to represent who you are despite what you’re doing- may that be a coffee date at Starbucks or your wedding. You want to feel comfortable on your wedding day, just like every other day, so you can truly enjoy every moment without having to fuss over your hair too much. Thank goodness that Heidi Marie Garrett and Bryce Covey have shared this DIY Knotted Bun tutorial with us!
This is a beautiful everyday alternative to a top knot, and it would make the most elegant wedding hair- it is the perfect updo for a bride looking for an elegant style with a casual flair.
1) Gather hair to one side and place in a ponytail behind the ear
2) Begin twisting a wrapping the ponytail as if you are tying a knot
3) As you tie the ponytail into a knot, do not pull the tail all the way through
4) Secure the knotted bun with large bobby pins
5) Gently pull and tug the hair from the crown and throughout the bun to create texture and fullness
6) Spray with a finishing product
Try it out this quick and easy DIY bun tutorial and let us know how it goes! Instagram your photos, tag us @OnceWed, and use the hashtag #OnceWedDIY.